Tuesday, November 19, 2013

No Name Woman from The Woman Warrior


Comment:When the author uses "I" and "me" it connects to me and lets me fall into the writers shoes while reading the piece. It's also a lot easier to read and its more interesting as well. My sister loves raiding my journal, and I think it's pretty much easy to say that everyone loves to gossip, read gossip, and listen in on gossip which is kind of like what a essay in first person is. I tend to become emotionally invested because of the immigration process that my family went through as well. 

Question: Did all Chinese women get treated so poorly like the authors aunt did? Why didn't the women take a stand and create a movement to go against the sexism happening in the story and in China? How was it okay for the people who lived in the town to barge into the house and kill all their farm animals and create so much rucus?

Critique: I don't like that the author leaves the name of her aunt out, the entire chapter has to do with the aunt. Her aunt has been through a lot and had a tough life since she had killed herself, so i think that she deserves to be named in the story. Everyone deserves some significant value and the authors aunt definetly didn't deserve to be raped and then attacked by villagers for being pregnant while her husband is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment